Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford \f250: , having a 2004 F250 with VIN no 1FTNW21P14EB08857

Customer Question

hi, having a 2004 F250 with VIN no 1FTNW21P14EB08857 with a 1) P0742, 0743 code and for the engine P0408,0470,0488
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
0742 and 0743 are torque converter clutch solenoid issues. Have you done any wire testing or replaced this solenoid yet?
0408 and 0488 are normally a faulty EGR valve, have you done any testing or replaced this valve yet?
0470 is normally a faulty exhaust back pressure sensor, have you done any testing to it or replaced it?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris