Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

1999 Ford Mustang 3.8L A/T - Car shakes like crazy in Park

Customer Question

1999 Ford Mustang 3.8L A/T - Car shakes like crazy in Park at idle. Gets worse at higher RPM's. Can't even drive it because it gets so bad going down the road. No CEL, no codes. Motor mounts all appear to be good. Replaced balancer, no change. Pulled transmission and inspected flexplate (weight is still there), bolted trans back up and ran engine with torque converter out, no change. Scratchin my head at this point. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

The things which come to mind are a misfire, motor mount, or broken balance shaft.

While running at idle and misfiring. Unplug plug wires one at a time and see if any one removed makes it run the same. If so then thats a sign that cylinder is not sparking, or getting fuel, or has compression or valve issues.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris