Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2006 ford f-250sd 5.4l 3 valve set timing,have spark ,have

Customer Question

2006 ford f-250sd 5.4l 3 valve set timing,have spark ,have fuel , no start .. turns over slow, replaced starter, won't start help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Can you run a compression test?
What was the original issue?
Is the battery voltage good at 12.6 volts?
If you remove 2 plugs and unplug those injectors, will the engine then crank fast and possibly start?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
chris, i removed timing cover and reset timing , to spec . Let me ask this driver side cam mark has the R up arrow and left side has the up arrow also ,right. Well set timing and turn over ,started acting like it wanted to start . Battery at 12.8 and has new started ,now won't turn over . Original problem cam phaser broke off cam, replaced cam and phaser, set timing .Please advise me ,really need to get this truck started .
2006 ford f-250 SD 5.4l 3 valve 60k miles
I assume the cam gear broken off while it was running. There could be valve damage as well as piston, cylinder wall, and rod damage.
Have you ran a compression test?
If you remove the plugs, will it then crank fast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try tomorrow, it's at customers house near dc
Super