Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Ford mustang gt: 1994 mustang gt, I have had very low fuel

Customer Question

1994 mustang gt, I have had very low fuel pressure at the rail when I pushed the Schrader valve down I was a mix of air and fuel would just dribble out. So I replaced the fuel pump the fuel strainer was pretty dirty so I changed that as well. I can here the pump turn on but still no pressure at the rail. I tried jumping it at the test connector to see if fuel would come out but no luck. I the pulled the fuel lines to the filter just to see if it would come out still no luck. I'm thinking there is a clogged or pinched line. I have been trying everything that the internet has to offer. I have tested the inertia switch swapped fuel filters. I'm running out of patience, money. I have been working on it for literally 3 months and just want to drive the car. Please help your my last hope lol
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. From what you say you have tried all the easy solutions so now youre going to have to do some testing. Drop the tank, hook a fuel pressure tester up to the outlet and run power and ground directly from the battery and see if the pump is making pressure. Im guessing you bought a cheap aftermarket pump (airtex comes to mind) and its just no good.