EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2005 3 valve f150 5.4. I am an experienced mechanic. I have

Customer Question

2005 3 valve f150 5.4. I am an experienced mechanic. I have heard and replaced bad cam phasers or variators as Ford calls them, they sounded like the motor was coming apart and then sometimes would be quiet. I am trying to figure out what the tick is.
It doesn't sound like a valve and seems loudest when you are standing outside the drivers door. 130k miles. Like it was coming out from the bottom. I have done the chains on these but i can't imagine a chain that ticks. What is the tick?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Is it possible that you are hearing an exhaust tick? The studs are common to break or the gaskets will leak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so but I'll look into it. Back tomorrow
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help please respond back. If not please rate the service provided. Thank you and have a great day!