Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Freestar SES: 2004 Freestar. Disconnected negative battery.

Customer Question

2004 Freestar. Disconnected negative battery. Dropped tank. Replaced fuel pump. Replaced tank, wouldn't start. Dropped tank again and checked everything. All appeared fine. Left tank on ground and hooked all fuel and electrical lines. Started fine. Replaced tank, connected fuel and electrical. Wouldn't start again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if you hear the fuel pump turn on when the key is first turned on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my wife in the driver's seat and I got on the ground to listen for the tell-tale initial pump noise, I heard it but it sounded kink of 'rough.' I had her try to start it and it fired right over. Don't know what the difference is between yesterday and today.
Got in the van, backed down the driveway after letting is run for 5 minutes and it just slowly died and now won't restart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't bother to respond further. It will soon be 24 hours since my original contact with you. Will go somewhere else.