James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F250 diesel 7.3: Yes. I have a 2002 f250 diesel, the truck

Customer Question

Yes. I have a 2002 f250 diesel, the truck is running but won't accelarate it just idles & moves 3mph, all the gauges are dead (off). The last time this happened it was a fuse, now it happened again all the fuses were checked & there all good. What's going on?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. How many miles are on this vehicle?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If you have an automatic and push the over drive does it light up or does it not work as well?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
As long as this is an automatic you will find fuse 45 inside the vehicle is bad. It could just be a hairline crack but still blown. What is causing the fuse to blow is the automatic shifter assembly. On the shifter there are two wires coming out for the switch. They rub on the top of the steering colum and short out. This is what blows the fuse and puts you into an idle only mode. You need to repair the short or replace the shifter assembly to correct your concern. Once the short on the top of the steering column you won't have to worry about this issue for anveryl long time.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hey how are you? I just want to see if I can still offer you assistance? If my answer was helpful please remember to leave me a rating so I receive credit for assisting you. If you have any other questions please let me know?