Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2003 ford f-250. My 4x4 doesnt work. I have the indicators

Customer Question

2003 ford f-250. My 4x4 doesnt work. I have the indicators in the dash come on for a few seconds but thats it
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has codes P1815, P1865 and P1876
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sytem only self checks the dash lights 4hi and 4lo after the engine is started.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Had you had just one code I could provide an educated guess from experience and prior diag on what could be to blame. However you have multiple codes, so it not that simple. This is going to require diagnostics to figure this out. Its going to end up being the module, switch, or shift motor, not the relays. Below is a file, can you do those tests?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03testE.pdf
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. I have checked for power at the switch and have none.
The switch works of resistance, not power. Which of the above tests were you doing to come to this result?