Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F 250 w/ 7.3 turbo diesel: I have a 96 f250 w/ a 7.3 an it

Customer Question

I have a 96 f250 w/ a 7.3 an it cranks but no start. an when you spray a little starter fluid in the air tube it will back fire though the intake really bad.it was running great an I shut it off when I left my job an the next morning nothing. I found a few things wrong with it a made those rpairs an still just a crank n no start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Remove the oil pressure switch from the high pressure oil reservoir. You want to see the oil within 1 inch of the top, if not, then fill it up and retest. If its full then try to get the truck running from a spray bottle of diesel fuel sprayed into the air intake. Do not use starting fluid, its harsh on a diesel. If you can get it running and remain running then suspect a high pressure oil issue. Do you have a scan tool that can read the ICP pressure while cranking. it needs to be 500psi or better.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris