Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F 250 diesel pu 4x4: started my 86 250 4 wd diesele turned

Customer Question

started my 86 250 4 wd diesele turned my lights on and every thing went dead. motor died lights went out no ignition nothing. What could that be ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
All the power to the truck including the headlamps come from the batteries through a group of fuse link power supply wires that connect to the same post on the starter solenoid as the positive battery cable. Start with making sure the batteries are charged and if so, inspect the fuse link wires looking for one or more that may be blown.