fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

Ford ranger: 88 ford ranger 2.3 ck eng light not working has

Customer Question

88 ford ranger 2.3 ck eng light not working has power to the bulb but no ground ground wire is pnk/lt green
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you still need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the first resposnce i got
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok,I am not showing a pink/lt green wire as the power source for the bulb.There should be a yellow/black that is providing the power with the key on, can you please check that and let me know?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pink / l green ix the ground for the bulb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bulb has power to it ..theirs no ground,,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to know what controls the ground to the bulb
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am double checking my wiring diagram is all, that's the hold up. If there isn't any ground on your pink/l green wire then I would make a ground wire for it and run it to ground to see if the light comes on. There would have to be a break in that wire. Since I don't seem to have the correct wiring diagram I can open this back up for the others if you would like. Is the truck 4x4 or something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I am
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light comes on when i ground it ,,i went to the wreaking yard they all have pink /lgr wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at this rate ill be dead before i get it smogged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I don't appear to have the correct wiring diagram for this model. I simply am not seeing what you are. The computer would have to be what grounds the circuit for the light, but since I cannot prove this with my wiring diagram, I am goiing to open it up for the other experts to look at.Please don't reply or it will lock to me and they won't even be able to see it. Please, save the rating for someone that can help you with this.
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
a yellow and black wire to instrument cluster, is the wire the module puts a ground on to make the light come on, a red and yellow wire to cluster is the power from fuse box, if u have power and tried another computer then I would run a new wire from cluster to module