Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Freezing Cold outside air in winter especially on the floor of the pas

Customer Question

Freezing Cold outside air in winter especially on the floor of the passanger side.Summer hot outside air in same location.Did not happen when I bought the vehicle in 2004.Is it a broken air blend door?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Help me to understand. In the winter the floor where your feet are is cold and setting the heat to blow on the floor does not heat the floor area?
During the summer with the AC on, your feet are staying hot even with the AC set to blow out on the floor and dash vents?
A blend door failure would result in not being able to change the temp from the vents from hot to cold, is that what is occurring?
Is this a new issue that just started or has it been getting worse with time?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris