EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2014 E-150 and the ac only blows heat. it turns on

Customer Question

I have a 2014 E-150 and the ac only blows heat. it turns on with the defrost but, does not stay on. turns on briefly in ac mode then turns off and clutch on compressor kicks out. worked fine, let set for 2 days and does not work after that. changed relay and makes no difference. fuse is good compressor kicks in and then kicks out. Is it the tempurature control switch on dash or some other device that I am not aware of?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Does not sounds like a temperature control switch issue. Sounds like you are, were, running out of freon. Possibly from a slow leak. Do you have a/c gauges? Or we can access the ac cycling switch and jump it and see if the compressor runs. Please respond to let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When checking freon level the gauge goes from 55 lbs to over a 100 lbs. Also switch relay and it started blowing cool for a couple of seconds and went back to blowing heat.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
If it starts to work better or stay on longer, as you put freon in, then keep putting freon in.
Also what you can try is to jump the cycling switch connector. The cycling switch is on the ac drier, which is near the battery. It is a 2 wire switch on the drier. If you disconnect it and jump the terminals of the connector with a wire (with the ac switch in the van ON), the compressor should continue to run. If the compressor runs, then the wiring is all good and you need to add more freon. Can you try that?