John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

Ford expedition: can cam phaser lock out be installed in the

Customer Question

can cam phaser lock out be installed in the original cam shaft gear or do i have to buy the complete kit big difference in price
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
You are correct, you can replace the camshaft phaser with out replacing the camshaft. they bolt onto the front of the cam and have a alignment pin. It is also a lot less work to replace the phaser without replacing the camshaft as well.
If you need more information or have more questions, just respond and I will reply just as soon as I can.
Once again, thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.