EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

F350: my 2011 f350 has a wrench light and reduced engine power.

Customer Question

my 2011 f350 has a wrench light and reduced engine power. Taking it to a shop but its 75 miles away. We belive its clogged dpf and cat. Can I drive my truck there or will it shut down on me?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also we are going to install tuner and straight pipe. Before the reduced engine power the truck ran great!
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
Depending on the code that is set in the computer, the truck will either stay in a reduced power mode, or the truck may actually shut off and not restart until it sits for a while. Or may not re-start at all.
If you have a scan tool you can bring it to clear the codes if you go into a reduced power mode. This sometimes will get you going until the fault is detected again.
If you have the ability, you would probably be best to have it towed if you want to not take a chance. Please let me know if you have more questions or comments. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
If you have more questions about your concern then please feel free to ask. If not thank you for using Just Answer and please rate my service. Thank you!