Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

E450: I need clarification on the dead head test I did not

Customer Question

I need clarification on the dead head test I did not sure I'm understanding. Which head has the pressure issue 7.3 diesel 2003.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

You would need to remove the high pressure oil line to one head, plug it off. Crank the engine and see if the ICP pressure will spike up over 500psi while cranking. If it does not, then the head still connected correct is the one that is leaking the high pressure oil down.

-

It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The vehicle still starts but is reading 0psi when I dead head the drivers side. Trying my best to narrow down the bad Injectors.

Being your blocking off all high pressure oil to the drivers side and the reading is still low pressure. That means the passenger side has your leak.