Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford f250: I have a 2003 ford 6.0. That will not even turn

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford 6.0. That will not even turn over when I turn the key. Had a bad battery and replaced it but nothing still
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
At the starter motor, there are 2 wires coming to it. Use a short section of bare ended wire and touch it to both of these wire connections with the key on, does it crank and start?
If it tries to crank but acts like its locked up, then the engine maybe hydro locked unable to crank from a fluid in the cylinder like fuel or oil or coolant. Let me know the results of this test, and it you have an auto or manual transmission so I know what to test next.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris