Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Taurus: I have a 2005 Taurus. The torque convertor splines

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Taurus. The torque convertor splines stripped. we replaced the torque convertor. drove car home, all was well. next day I go to store and it just stops. no tranny engagement at all. simply shutting the vehicle off and restarting it resets everything and I am able to drive for a few minutes before it happens again. Any Idea whats going on?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When this occurred if no gear will move the vehicle, that rules out all things electrical. This is going to an issue in the valve body with sticking valves or a damaged valve spring. It is causing no line pressure to get to the clutches.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris