Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-350 super duty: my ford f 350 super duty wont start ,battery

Customer Question

my ford f 350 super duty wont start ,battery is fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the starter turn over, but the engine does not run? or does the starter nit even turn?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the battery and the starter. The old starter was bad,truck still does not start with the key,it will start if i turn key on and jump the starter wires.any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there something in the wiring going to the starter that could have shorted out? Fusable link maybe
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
usually nit, do you have a voltmeter or a test light, I can help you diagnose this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I do
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, at the starter, there are 2 wires , a large one coming from the battery and a small one coming from the ignition, the large wire should have power at all times, the small should have power when cranking, does the small wire ave power when cranking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power while cranking 12 volts at the large wire . New battery and starter
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, is this an auto trans or a manual, if its an auto, have you tried puting the transmission in nuetral and seeing if it starts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Auto matic and yes tried that , think it might be a relay i checked all the fuses
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it could be the relay, the trans switch or the ignition switch, also could be in the antitheft system, is there a an anti theft light flashing when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck still does not start does the 2004 HD edition 6.8L tritonV10 have a solenoid under the hood F 350 super duty ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
No, it uses a relay in the fuse box under the dash, can you locate the relay and we can check some powers at it?