James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F550: I HAVE A 2005 FORD 6.0 THAT HAS A NEW HIGH PRESSURE PUMP

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2005 FORD 6.0 THAT HAS A NEW HIGH PRESSURE PUMP AND A REGULATOR AND CRANKS AND RUNS GREAT WHEN STARTING COLD. ONCE YOU TURN IT OFF WHILE HOT IT WILL SPIN OVER BUT NO START.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. If the vehicle isn't starting while hot then you still have a high pressure oil leak somewhere in the system. There is a special tool 303-765 from OTC. This tool plugs into the icp sensor port and you apply compressed air to the system. Once you apply compressed air you can listen for an air leak under the valve covers on both sides. You want to perform this test while the engine is hot to make sure the leak is going to be at its worst.This will allow you to find the leak easier. You can have torn or rings on the stand pipe, dummy plug, or injector o rings. Once you find the leak on either side of the engine the hot starting issue should go away.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you? I just wanted to see if you were able to get your concern fixed?