Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron, i am having trouble with the a/c on my 01 ford escape

Customer Question

hi ron, i am having trouble with the a/c on my 01 ford escape the clutch keeps cutting in and out about every 20 seconds and when it get hot it's even quicker, i wanted to test the high pressure switch but it is a 4 wire and i can find no where that tell me how to test it, do you know how, or is that maybe not my problem, i have new compressor/new low pressure switch/new orifice tube new drier and the a/c is fully charged
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

With the compressor off what are your static pressure readings on your gauges on the high an low sides?