Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford mustang cobra: so i pulled my 4.6 motor from my 1999 ford

Customer Question

so i pulled my 4.6 motor from my 1999 ford mustang cobra with trans to replace my clutch which is a another story in it self , anyways my question is after installing motor back into car after fluids chk once over i went to start car and sure enough she started for about a 10 count or a 2 rev on motor vroom vroom then shut down, and now when i got to turn key over the tack OD, just has ---------- this showing no mileage what could be problem and were do i start looking
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am using a bama tuner which shows the car has n/a information
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,
Defective Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM)
Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) Circuit
Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) Connector
Defective Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Vehicle Reference Voltage (VREF) Circuit
Vehicle Reference Voltage (VREF) Sensor
In order to determine which has failed you are going to need to do some testing starting with making sure you install all your grounds when you reinstalled the engine. If they check okay then run the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Odometer%20------%20May%207.pdf