Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

SES: MY 2006 TAURUS KEEPS GETTING A CODE 300, MULTIPLE MISSFIRES.I

Customer Question

MY 2006 TAURUS KEEPS GETTING A CODE 300, MULTIPLE MISSFIRES.I HAVE NEW PLUGS,WIRES AND GAS CAP.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
A leaking fuel injector will cause this. Hard part is to figure out which on it is. Usually we can tell by looking at the spark plugs when first removed. Look for one that was black on the tip. These injectors are very common to leak because some carbon gets built up on the injector tip and cant close all the way. It a case like this you should do a professional injector cleaning, not some can you add to the gas tank, but actually connect a can of injector cleaner to the fuel rail, remove the fuse for the fuel pump and let the engine run on the cleaner until the can is empty. This does an awesome job of direct cleaning to the injectors.
If you happen to remember what the plugs looked like and remember which cylinder they came out of it will help you determine which one (or more) are getting soaked with fuel.
LJ
If you are happy with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you need more just let me know.