Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

I have a 2005 ford freestar. While driving down the road the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford freestar. While driving down the road the light panels became dim and then ABS, Trac Off, and E Brake lights came on. I pulled over and shut the van off. All electrical components are working, but all I get is a "Clicking" when trying to start it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. It sounds like the battery has gotten low enough to where there is not enough voltage to run the starter and various electrical systems. This will occur from a failed battery, a bad battery connection or an alternator issue. These are common problems on this vehicle. Do you plan on fixing this yourself? If so have the battery load tested. If it comes back fine then you will need to clean the terminals and test the alternator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, i will be fixing it myself. I will try the battery first, and see if that is the problem
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Be sure to test it and not just replace that way you don't buy something you do not need. Let me know if you need further help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dad is trying to assist, but not a ford guy. This wouldnt have anything to do with the throttle body or that system would it? I have no clue, but all electrical continued working, except not starting. Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
No, the throttle body should not affect it. There are other possible electrical issues but those are not as common as what I have mentioned.