Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Looking to hook up power dvd players. Where is

Customer Question

Looking to hook up power for headrest dvd players. Where is the best spot to pull switched power? 2014 Ford Explorer Limited

Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

Do you know how many amps your DVD players are going to draw, this

ll determine if they can tag along on another circuit or if they need to be on there own fuse, relay, circuit?

The violet/green wire out of the ignition switch is the best choice to splice into. Below is a link image.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/vtgn.png

-

It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.

Thanks Chris