Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ford f450: I have a Ford F450. 2008. Diesel. Trying to start

Customer Question

I have a Ford F450. 2008. Diesel. Trying to start it but it won't start. The main battery has 12.6 V the accessory battery has 12.4 V. The headlights work. The dash lights come on. The fan blows through the vents. It beeps when you put the key in the ignition. But no sound of any starting. Don't know if it has anything to do with the security system or not. I left my RV plugged Into the truck bed last night and found I had a light on in the RV this morning. Any thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This type of fault here may be an issue with either the starter itself possibly needing replaced or the electronic ignition switch may have failed electronically.I would have both tested to see if and which is at fault then the affected component replaced to correct this issue here.
Thanks Pete