Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F150 lariat: i have a 02 f150. with the engine off my defroster

Customer Question

i have a 02 f150. with the engine off my defroster turns on. what could be the reason?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Just to make sure I understand the climate control blower turns on?
Check fuse 24 under the dash. With the key off this fuse should not have power. If it does not then the issue is most likely the sticking blower motor relay.
-
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris