Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

MKZ: !I'm receiving a "cross traffic system fault" er

Customer Question

Hi!
I'm receiving a "cross traffic system fault" error message on my 2012 MKZ. The previous owner installed an aftermarket stereo, which I'm sure is what is cause the error. Is there anyway I can get the car to not display the error code all the time while I'm driving? Thanks - Alan
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If when the after market radio was installed if the incorrect type of radio was used or if the wiring adapter/bypass was not installed this may cause this here.In some cases on some models anytime an after market component is installed like this here this can cause electrical faults and messages like this to occur.
I would contact a stereo install facility to see if they have a way to bypass the system with a bypass kit possibly.If not the original radio may need installed.
Thanks Pete