Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

FORD EXPLORER,XLT: my 2006 ford explorer (61 thousand miles)IS

Customer Question

my 2006 ford explorer (61 thousand miles)IS HAVING TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS.CAN THIS PROBLEM BE DECECTED ELECTRONICALLY.OR AS I WAS TOLD BY MY DEALER;S SERVICE DEPT THAT THE TRANSMISSION HAS TO BE TORN APART (AT A VERY HIGH LABOUR COST)TO FIND AND REPAIRE THE PROBLEM.IS THIS THE NORMAL PROCEDURE.?OR AM I BEING TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi,It depends upon the symptoms. What are they - slippage, not going into any gear, check engine light on with transmission fault codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Unfortunately I am not able to do phone calls at this time. I have strep throat and talking is rough. I am happy to help you in this format if you can let me know the symptoms you have noticed with your transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate a call from you whenever you are able to talk. get well soon. thanks. Ken,
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Ok, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.