James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford f250: my Sirius radio stopped working down the road after

Customer Question

my Sirius radio stopped working down the road after I sent a message saying updating service and now it says no channels authorized contact is serious and said they tried rebooting it 3 or 4 different times and they always say its in my truck radio is fault what can I do
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Can you please tell me the make, model, and year of your vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2011 Ford F250 4x4 6.7 Turbo diesel. Lariat crew cab
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Have you owned this vehicle since new or did you just purchase the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had it for 3 yrs and I deliver weapons for the military with it, it had 276,000 miles so far
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had it since 33,000 miles
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
When you turn on the Sirius inside the vehicle does it say error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it just says channel not purchased, but I got ahold of Sirius 3 times, once said repeteres could be the issue, and the next one verified all of my info and still no help
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Under the steering wheel If you remove this lower panel. On you left hand side you will see a silver module. This is the sirius module. If you unplug the connector for 10 minutes and replug it in does the radio work correctly again? If it doesn't there is a possibility there is an issue with the satelite module itself. Do you have navigation or a standard cd player?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes navigation and Bluetooth, its got everything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ill check it, does it have to be running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its been disconnected
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't have to be running you can just unplug it for ten minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And no speakers except for bass tube
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
If you have a certain scan tool you can actually test the sirius module for codes. If you go into setting on the nagigation you should see a self test in there somewhere. Perform this self test after you plug in the siurius if it doesn't work and see if any codes show up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok ill check it out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
When this usually happens it is due to a sirius module failure and module replacement is required to properly repair it. If you can find the self test in the nav it might set a code like B1342 or close to it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
don't see any info
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Depending on the software it may not offer it. If your subscription is active I would suspect the problem is going to be with the sirius module. If you are in the Military and they have higher end snap on scan tools. These can test the Sirius module for codes as well and see if any show up. If you have a spare antenna you can try and plug it in to see if it makes a difference as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The antenna works on everything else, so I don't see that being an issue
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
All that is left is to have a sirius module tested. If it ends up being bad Ford has an exchange program. I am unsure of the cost but it gets you a new module.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it an only a dealer option
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
for the module exchange as far as I know it is. If you went to ebay I know you can find a direct fit replacement one as well that was removed from the vehicle for fairly cheap as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've looked on eBay and does it have to be year and vehicle specific
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Correct you do have to find the correct part for your model year but it just can save you money from going to the dealer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, ill look for one
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
If you have trouble please let me know and I might be able to locate one as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't seem to locate one, please help
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
I can do that first thing in the morning. I hope that's ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know please
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
8S4Z-18C963-H, 8S4Z-18C963-J. These two part numbers are for the Sirius module. They are the same part number the 2008-2010 f250's show as there sirius module. It should help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But mine is a 2011will that work also?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Yes. As long as the Sirius module has one of two part numbers I gave you it will plug right in and work.