Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a ford 2000 Windstar and it won't start the light

Customer Question

Hi I have a ford 2000 Windstar and it won't start the light come in but no cranking
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Hello, have you tried to jumpstart it with a running vehicle yet? Also, if you move the gear stick to neutral will it crank in neutral? let me know , thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I tired jump starting it nothing happened and I did try to start it in neutral as well I tried disconnecting the battery and then starting it and also leaving the key in the on position for 30mins to reset itself I was reading but nothing worked
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Alright, is the anti theft light blinking if you turn the key on and leave it on? does it blink fast or does it go out? Also, do you have a 12 volt test light, you can check for power at the large cable of the starter motor when someone inside works the switch. Or lightly tap it with a hammer when someone HOLDS the key on the START position. If it cranks when you tap the starter motor. it will need a new starter motor. Let me know what happens there.