Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F250: My wires are broken in my 2003 F250 Tow/Haul button in

Customer Question

My wires are broken in my 2003 F250 Tow/Haul button in the shift lever. I was wondering how difficult it is to repair.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 2 years ago.
hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** i will assist you. The repair is very easy, get a new shifter lever from your local dealer. remove the 3 screws that attach the cover to the steering column and lift up the top part. unplug the harness on thee shift lever from the main harness. knock out the pin that holds the shift lever in place and pull it out, install new lever and tap in pin. hook up plug to harness and put cover back on. you will need the switch and grommet off of your old shifter or you can buy new ones. if you need more assistance, just respond and I will reply as soon as I can.Thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.