Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2004 Lincoln LS. The Driver side door latch is not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Lincoln LS. The Driver side door latch is not working. It constantly signals that the door is ajar when closed. This is killing the battery. We have tried spraying it with WD40 and adjusting how the door hangs on the hinges. neither has worked
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
HI Do you know how to remove the door time panel, if not let me know?At the door latch, unplugged, the black/yellow wire should be 5 volts DC. The black wire ground. While plugged in, back probe the black/yellow wire. Door closed should show no volts, and door open should show 5 volts. If the first 2 tests fail then its a front control module or wiring issue. If the first 2 tests pass, but the 2nd 2 tests fail, then its the latch. It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris