Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 1999 F350 with a 7.3l There is no air blowing from

Customer Question

I have a 1999 F350 with a 7.3l There is no air blowing from the vents and the vacuum pump runs continuously. I have just replaced the pump and the air is still not blowing from the dash vents (only defrost vents). I have had the auto hubs replaced with Warran manual locking hubs. I think there may be a vacuum leak but I have no idea where to check for it.
Model: F350 7.3l
Year: 1999
Will you attempt to fix yourself?: Yes
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/92ppq-f350-7-3l-1999-f350-7-3l-no-air-blowing.html#ixzz3Z6Jc8nzN
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I would think you have vacuum being created considering you already tried a new pump. At this point all you can do is start tracing vacuum lines. One moment while I get you a diagram. Most of the lines are under the dash so if you determine the leak is beyond the supply into the cab its gonna be a chore.
See the attachments for your diagrams. Start at the vacuum pump with a vacuum gauge.. verify 20inches or so of vacuum and follow it till its lost. Clamp off thhe 4wd portion and check, then the hvac and recheck.. once you determine what side its on let me know if you need further instructions. But basically just keep clamping off stuff and rechecking till you narrow down where the vacuum is leaking then fix it. Let me know if you need anything further. I will be standing by. If not please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks