Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Taurus DOHC 24 valve engine: My 2000 Taurus(DOHC) 24 valve

Customer Question

My 2000 Taurus(DOHC) 24 valve starts (very rare) rough like several plugs misfiring than it gets OK.What may be causing this problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Sorry nobody has replied to your question. I would like to help if you still need it.I just need to know if this problem happens after the vehicle sits for several hours or over night?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After sitting an hour so.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Your fuel pump may be the problem. There is a check valve in the pump assembly that keeps the fuel in the system to the engine. Try this after the vehicle sits for a couple hours.Cycle the key on and then off 3 times and then try starting the vehicle. If it starts right up, replace the fuel pump assembly to repair the problem.