Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford thunderbird: I have a,95 ford thunderbird 3.8l v6 and

Customer Question

I have a,95 ford thunderbird 3.8l v6 and the egr tube was bad I fixed that but now the car started for a min and died and now after trying to start it there's a clicking sound coming from the top part of the engine somewhere
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse , proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) and good compression. The first thing you need to do to determine why its not starting is to check and see if you are getting spark from the coil while cranking the engine over , if the spark checks okay then check and see if you are getting injector pulse to the injectors. If you have spark and injector pulse then the next steps would be to check the fuel pressure. Check these things and post back with the results and we can work from there.