Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Ford freestar: #2 misfire changed plug checked wire and changed

Customer Question

#2 misfire changed plug checked wire and changed coil pack still there any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
hello, you can swap or replace the injector for that cylinder, also make sure the coil connector and the injector connector are tight and secure, also make sure you do a compression check, you can have a problem with a poor connection, a bad injector, or a valve spring that broke so theres no or very little compression. also when you change or swap the fuel injector make sure you replace all the o rings and also spray a little silicone grease to make sure they go back in easy. hope this helps, there is no common issue other than what you have done. failed coil and or plug. so you were on the right track, also to verify you have good new parts, swap the coil to another cylinder first see if the misfire changes, also swap the plug , its ALWAYS possible that a new part is no good. don't ever discount the fact that a part is new. i am here to help if you need more info. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ