Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford explorer: ac blows hot, had compressor and evaporator

Customer Question

ac blows hot, had compressor and evaporator coil replaced. still hot and only runs on high fan. After 5-6 min temp drops to moderately comfortable.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Can you tell me the actual pressure reading on your gauges with the compressor running?Was the system flushed and the orifice tube changed when you replaced the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
system flushed, not sure about tube, pressure ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
system flushed, not sure on tube, pressure ok
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
In most cases anytime you replace a bad compressor you really need to replace the orifice tube as well. Can you check and see if that was done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check on that. When I run fan on high and air gets slightly cool. I then turn down fan and back to high, blows hot air again.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If you can get me the pressure reading at the same time and we can work from there, one other thing, check the accumulator at the fire wall and see if its getting cold with the AC on. Let me know and we can work from there.