Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have a 2003 f150 stx that stops running and will not start

Customer Question

have a 2003 f150 stx that stops running and will not start . traced the proiblem to the theft system after much dinking around. reset the computer by removing the positive batt terminal and rehooking. ran fine for a couple of days and than stopped running again. waited as before and than stsrted. also now noticed that the anti-theft light on dash is not blinking. HELP! Butch
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ford states and I have never witnessed. A stock Ford PATS system shut down a running vehicle. I have seen plenty of no start issues from PATS issues though. If there is a PATS issue the theft light is going to to flash fast, 3 times a second. Are there any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle that may be interfering with the stock anti theft system? It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris