Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford: I have just purchased a 2012 F150. I was going to set

Customer Question

I have just purchased a 2012 F150. I was going to set the keypad code this weekend. However, much to my dismay, my keys have been locked in the vehicle this morning. If I get the VIN or some type of id, can I get the factory keypad code? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I do not want to get you upset, but the keyless entry code is the only thing Ford does not retain in their database. It is only stored in the module in the vehicle and can only be accessed by a proper scan tool to retrieve it. They store the actual key code for the vehicles keys, but not the keyless entry key code. Sorry again. Your best bet is to use a slim jim to unlock the doors call a lock smith to unlock the vehicle. We get this question a lot on this website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.