Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Mustang gt: I have a 2000 mustang gt some body put a 97 engine

Customer Question

I have a 2000 mustang gt some body put a 97 engine in it I took it out and replaced with a 8 bolt Windsor now my mechanic says they don't fit together. put 8 bolt flywheel on do I have to buy another tranny please help im broke
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Your are going to need to replace the transmission with one that bolts up to the Winsor engine . You are going to need the complete transmission .