James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F450: I have a ford f450 desiel truck that I just replaced

Customer Question

I have a ford f450 desiel truck that I just replaced the fuel sending unit to and it still won't start
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Is fuel building pressure in the fuel filter housing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is. It had not at first and the truck would shake horribly. Now it is turning over smoothly but won't fire up. I'm thinking I may have an oil pressure (or lack of) problem now).
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a scan tool to inspect for codes by chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I'm trying to find someone with a tester though. I'm leaning towards the high pressure oil pump but that's gonna be a pain in the rear to change out.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Depending on the year of the vehicle. Some HPOP would go bad more than others. The 03-04 oil pumps were known to go bad. If you can get a way to read icp it would be very helpful. When you remove the top fuel filter make sure the housing is full of fuel. This can make a difference as well.