Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F 250: I have 02' f 250 and a c compressor not kicking on. Where

Customer Question

I have 02' f 250 and a c compressor not kicking on.
Where should I look.
I checked all mini fuses.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
Can you tell me what you pressure readings are on the high and low side with the AC gauges installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pump will not engage. It worked fine last week.
It's like there's no power to it. I checked the harness connection to be sure it was not lose.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked you pressure to be sure the system is fully charged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased one of those do it your self ac can and the Gage needle is in the green.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately they are not very accurate. Are you able to do some testing? If the compressor is not running when you install the do it your self kits the reading is not correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, well is there a fuse or relay that could not be sending power?
is so what's the relay number marked on fuse cover.
I have no owners manual.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
There are two fuse that control power to the compressor clutch relay and the compressor, the fuse to check are the F2-10 fuse and the F2-23 fuse , both are located in the interior fuse panel. See there location in the link below. Copy and paste the link to you browser to open and view it. Check them and let me know what you fine. If one or both are blown the clutch will not operate.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20AC%20APR%2030.pdf
There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.