Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Sensor says, fuel filter, fuel sensor, fuel pump. motor quits

Customer Question

sensor says, fuel filter, fuel sensor, fuel pump. motor quits trys to start for 15 minuites, almost like one bank starts then catches and goes up to 170 moles before it does it again. filter and sensor changed but it does not sound like a fuel pump. any suggestions
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. welcome to our site. I can probably help you, but I first I need you to clarify a few things:What model and engine size 2004 Ford are you working on?What do you mean by "sensor says"?Are there any codes stored in the computer? If so, what number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 something if you need more I have to travel to look at it/
sensor says meaning computer read out. The codes listed reflect these three items of which I have done filter and sensor.
I don't have them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm sorry, but I don't do phone calls (college education, but terrible accent). I'll opt out and let other experts help you as per your request (please do not reply until another expert responds or the system will revert the question to me) Best Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you waiting for me.?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, what kind of vehicle and engine are you working on? What codes are stored or were stored prior to you replacing the fuel filter and im guessing you replaced a fuel rail pressure sensor? It doesnt run at all or starts and stalls or starts fine cold and after it gets hot it starts giving a lack of power and/or hard to restart?