John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

Ford F150: I own a 1997 Ford f-150. I recently replaced the

Customer Question

I own a 1997 Ford f-150. I recently replaced the flex lines, the master cylinder leaked out, I have replaced the master cylinder, but cannot get the lines free of air. What is going on with it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
Most likely what is going on is that there is air in the ABS module and a ABS bleed function need to be preformed to get the air out of it.
This will require the use of a scan tool that can communicate with the ABS module and command it to do this procedure. A simple code reader will not do this. My recommendation is to take it in to a repair shop that has one so they can perform this task for you. For what you will spend to buy the tool could be a down payment on another vehicle.
If you need more information or have more questions, just respond and I will reply just as soon as I can.
Once again, thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The advice you gave me did not solve my problem, due to the fact that the ABS module was gone on that vehicle for the past 3-4 yrs. Thank you anyways.