Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

Mus: 2004 mustang only goes 65 mph I jus bought it is this

Customer Question

2004 mustang only goes 65 mph I just bought it is this a govener or a setting in pcm? it goes fine up to 65 miles per hr that's it only thing I ever drove that did this was a boom truck could someone please help me im kinda waiting for an answer hoping its a quick fix because need to leave to pick up kid from school thank you you guys are a life and time saver. I must admit this is one of my favoret sights keep up the good work jeff    engine is a v6 bought it from an estate sale they must not of known about govener if that's what it is

Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jeff, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Start by looking under the drivers side of the dash and see if there is a small device plugged into the data connector right under the dash. If there is remove it. If not then you have one of two issues. You either have a failing catalytic converter or someone added this program into the computer. It would have to be reprogrammed to repair this. Is the check engine light on?