sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ford f250 diesel fx4: Chris. I have 2008 Ford F-250 diesel

Customer Question

Chris. I have 2008 Ford F-250 diesel fx4 I replaced front brake rotors, brake lines and brake pads. I replaced rear brake pads. Bled front wheels and went for test drive. Front left wheel and rear right wheel are locking up and will not release. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to play guess the broken part. Regards Tim
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that the problem could be ABS related but that would be unheard of.
The first thing I would recommend is making sure the pads aren't hanging up in their slides and make sure the rotors are correct. I've seen incorrectly machined aftermarket rotors that didn't fit correctly and once the wheel was tight it would press against the inner or outer pad and cause brake drag.
If neither of these appears to be the case then odds are you have stuck caliper pistons. Try breaking the bleeder screws loose and if they don't release then the problem is in the calipers.