Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford Taurus: Good morning. I drive a 2004 Ford. In June, I

Good morning. I drive a 2004 Ford. In June, I got the coolant hoses and the oil changed. One week later, my "low oil pressure" light came on. I took it back, and they found nothing. Since then, sometimes when I'm idle, the light comes on. It doesn't stay on, and sometimes It comes on only to go away right away. I checked the oil myself every time. The pan's full. I look under ground, and there's no leak. This happens very inconsistently. like once every 3-4 weeks. I'm taking it in this weekend, but any ideas? Is my engine about to blow :(?
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

In most cases the problem you are describing is caused by a bad oil pressure sending unit and or the connection to it. As long as the engine is full of oil and there is no unusual engine noise you are okay to drive it till you can get it in and checked. I would have them remove the sending unit and install a wet gauge to make sure the oil pressure is with in specs as it likely is and if so replace the oil pressure sending unit.

If you have more questions and or need more help. please let me know and we can go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. This puts my mind at ease some. Definitely worth $29.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.