Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

ford f150: 1989 ford f150 fuel sending unit. what is the easiest

1989 ford f150 fuel sending unit. what is the easiest way to remove replace it
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Front or rear tank?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hey ron this is the truck I talked to you earlier about on the fuel gauge wiring. I connected the wires as per instructions and now it reads past full tank when switch is on. I sent you a reply but I must have did something wrong for I tried to rate you as expert but it would not let me said waiting on reply

If you working on the Front tank , there is enough room to remove the sender pump assembly with out removing the tank, simply remove the lock ring. Take a screw drive and tap on it counter clockwise till it releases. As for the rating on the last question, you can go back and try it once more and it should go through. It sometime takes a couple of try's.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I need a special tool to remove the fuel lines?

On the 1989 all you should have to do is pull the plastic clips up and out, of the fitting one is black and the other is white.