Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

e250: I have one of those studs strip on my exhaust manifold

I have one of those studs strip on my exhaust manifold try to take the exhaust manifold off replace the stud and put it back on. is there any special instructions or techniques to get that exhaust manifold of the easiest way possible .its on the right side of the engine if I was sitting in the driver's seat

Ron :

Hello and thank you for your question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

The 4.6 is actually not bad to replace, you need to remove the Y-pipe for clearance and the manifold will lower down and out. See the factory steps HERE. Soak the stripped stud down real well with some PB blaster before you try to remove it .